5 Amazing Ways to Get New Clothes and Save Money
In the current financial climate we are all looking at ways to save money. Whether it’s eating healthily at home to save money on fast food and meals out, or reducing our reliance on the car. How can you save money when you clothes, especially for your children?
Here are 10 ways you can save money on clothes
1. Charity shops are a good place to start, and you can often find a bargain. You might have seen something in the window, or just got lucky by being in the right place at the right time. As well as saving money, you can be proud of yourself for helping a charity, and helping to improve the life of somebody less fortunate than you.
2. Shop at sale times so that you’re not buying in season. Get the winter coats and shoes in summer, and the summer clothes in winter, so you won’t be buying what everyone else is buying. If you look carefully, you can often get some real bargains when shopping for children’s clothes at sale times.
3. Shopping at less popular shops can mean that there are some bargains to be had, although you may have to compromise on colours or sizes, if the ranges of clothes aren’t as wide as larger stores. Buy choosing long lasting stylish clothes, rather than high fashion items with a short lifespan you can get more from your purchases. Although the t shirt with the latest cartoon character on it might be what your child wants now, will they have outgrown the TV show before they’ve outgrown the T shirt? Is the patterned t shirt really worth twice as much as the plain one?
4. Why not make your own clothes? If you’re creative, or know somebody who is, you can easily get some unique clothes made just for you. What about having the most fabulous winter jumper, or a summer dress made especially for you? Why not learn to knit or to sew, it’s a great skill to be able to have, and will keep you occupied, as you’ll be inundated with requests for new clothes.
5. What could be better than cheap clothes? Free clothes! Friends and relatives can often help with clothes, especially if they have children a bit older than yours. Your children will soon grow into the clothes that are too big for them now and it’s also a good chance to pass your child’s clothes that don’t fit on to somebody else who’ll appreciate them.
Now you know how easy it is to save money on new clothes, isn’t it time you sorted out your wardrobes?