Start a Western Fashion Revolution
Anymore it seems that every headline brings bad news: unemployment, civil unrest and a sour economy makes even the toughest cowboy seem downtrodden. When you feel yourself longing for a time when life was simpler, leave the three piece suits to the city slickers, and put on your western style shirt and hat and join the cowboy revolution. Forget about “Wall Street” and “Main Street,” saddle up your horse and get out on that long dirt road to put your troubles out to a greener pasture.
Western clothing represents something more than what hangs in a cowboy’s closet; western men and women everywhere choose to wear hearty western clothing like a pair of blue jeans or a western shirt because it represents a hard working way of life built on character, trust and a close knit community.
It is no secret that the western way of life is built upon a special relationship with the land. The westerner knows how to be self-reliant; farmers grow food to feed themselves and the whole country. Ranchers raise and care for livestock with techniques and knowledge that has been passed down through generations. A man or woman in a western shirt is usually not afraid to get down in the mud.
Back in the 1940s and 50’s there was a CBS radio program called Gene Autry’s Melody Ranch. This radio program and television show were part of the western revival of Hollywood in the 1950s. Gene Autry created the cowboy code in which young fans of the cowboy lifestyle could grow up to be honorable and responsible citizens.
Gene Autry’s Code of Honor
1. A cowboy never takes unfair advantage – even of an enemy.
2. A cowboy never betrays a trust. He never goes back on his word.
3. A cowboy always tells the truth.
4. A cowboy is kind and gentle to small children, old folks, and animals.
5. A cowboy is free from racial and religious intolerances.
6. A cowboy is always helpful when someone is in trouble.
7. A cowboy is always a good worker.
8. A cowboy respects womanhood, his parents and his nation’s laws.
9. A cowboy is clean about his person in thought, word, and deed.
10. A cowboy is a Patriot.
When you choose casual western style shirt over the high fashion city slicker clothes of New York, London and Paris, you are a part of the Cowboy Revolution. You are making a statement about what you care about, getting back to the old days of working hard for yourself and your family, and learning to live directly from the land in the spirit of the American Dream.